Faith

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

What I loved about my day_2_BusRide

I've always enjoyed bus rides especially when I'm alone and the travel takes long and I'm not in a hurry and the scenery is nice. Back when I was in college my usual routine was riding a bus every morning for thirty minutes to an hour. It could be irritating at times mostly because of the traffic, but during good days I spend that ride thinking about deep matters- like the politics in the Philippines, poverty, pollution (wow! that's actually an alliteration, haha). Sometimes I also think about personal matters.

There's something about bus rides that calms and amuses me. And as absurd as it may sound, there were a lot of instances wherein after getting off the bus I feel like I'm a new person. Believe me that's how much I enjoy intellection! The new perspective that I get after a time of introspection makes me feel more alive and light. Which is why in all honesty I prefer my bus rides to be spent with no one else but ME.

Yet today is different. What I loved about my day is the 15-minute ride from my workplace to town during which I spent a great time chatting with someone. When I lose track of time it's a sign that I enjoy what I'm doing. And that's what happened. I'm thankful for the times that I get amused by talking to myself (because I guess that's just how I'm wired) but I'm also thankful for the times like today when I could get to know someone better through a good conversation. After all we are relational beings. God intended for us to live alongside people, even those with different personalities and upbringing as ours because He knew the joy that fellowship could bring. Inasmuch as I want to lock myself up in a room and muse about anything I want, and though that is good and productive as well, I know in my heart that God would be more pleased to see me interacting, conversing and connecting with others. He gave me ears so that I can listen. He designed us in a way that we could build relationships with people, and most importantly with Him.

Thank you God for the gift of conversation and the ability to build relationships with people. 


And thank you for the privilege to relate with you in an unhindered way. 

Thank you for this beautiful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment